- Prep time
- 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
This fresh, tasty and satisfying salad is sure to become a favorite in your rotation!
- 1 tablespoon achiote paste
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 8 ounces
- 1 romaine heart
- 4 ounces living watercress
- ½ small sweet red onion, julienned
- 6 organic heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ ripe Hass avocado
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Combine achiote paste, 2 teaspoons olive oil and lemon juice, then marinate chicken breast for 1 hour.
In a cast iron grill pan, grill marinated chicken breast oven medium heat until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165° F, then let rest.
While chicken is resting, cut romaine heart in half lengthwise and place into serving bowl. Wash, rinse, pat dry and pick watercress leaves, leaving 1-2 inches of stem attached to each leaf. Place in between romaine halves, then sprinkle with onion and cherry tomatoes.
Slice and fan the grilled and rested achiote chicken breast on one side of the salad greens and the avocado half on the other side.
Whisk vinegar, mustard, 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Dress salad to taste and serve.