- Prep time
- 30 minutes
- Cook time
- 25 minutes
- 2 servings
Simple, comforting and delicious, fresh Vegetable Udon is the eastern equivalent of chicken noodle soup. This version highlights fresh vegetables like colorful carrots and baby bok choy.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces udon noodles, dried
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 broccolini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 snow peas, julienned
- 1 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 2 tri-color carrots, sliced into rounds
Heat chicken broth to 200°F in a medium soup pot.
In a separate pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add udon noodles to boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes, until just cooked through. Drain noodles and divide between two bowls.
Blanch vegetables in chicken broth then arrange over noodles. Pour hot chicken broth over noodles and vegetables. Serve immediately.