- Prep time
- 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes chilling
- Cook time
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
Tender chicken, crisp celery and apples, fresh grapes and crunchy pecans combine to create this classic salad.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 apples, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 12 red seedless grapes, cut into ¼-inch rounds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium sauce pot, add the chicken and cover with water to a depth of 1 inch. Bring to a gentle simmer and poach chicken to an internal temperature of 165°F, about 20 minutes.
Chill poached chicken in an ice bath for 20 minutes. When cool, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Cut apple quarters in half horizontally and then into ¼-inch thick pieces.
Combine all ingredients in a work bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if desired.