By now, you’ve probably seen all the wine publications’ yearend lists featuring their top wine picks, and now it’s time to get a taste of ours—Nugget Markets’ Top 10 Best Bang for Your Buck Wines! Our wine experts are excited to share some of their favorite sips, each with outstanding character and personality, plus tremendous value for the price.
To decide which wines made the cut, besides the WOW factor, our pros took into account retail price and market availability. Throughout the year, we set aside a limited amount of our favorites to bring back out and celebrate together. Whether you haven’t heard of these wines yet or tried them, liked them and were sad when they sold out, you’ll be happy to see them back for a limited time!
- Alianca Quinta da Garrida: A textbook example of the great values coming out of Portugal. Full-bodied texture with big, ripe, juicy dark fruit flavors.
- Château Roc de Ségur 2015 Bordeaux: Who says Bordeaux wines have to be expensive to be good? This has all the hallmarks of the terrific 2015 vintage.
- Gundlach Bundschu Gewürztraminer: One of our top delights of the year. Dry and crisp with exotic aromas and flavors.
- Quinta da Aveleda Vinho Verde: Probably the most consistent wine in the world for over-delivering in quality. Perfect to sip on any occasion.
- Trivento Malbec: The aromas alone are worth the bottle price, and then you get to drink it, as well. Exceptional nectar.
- Gérard Bertrand Corbières: From the King of the Languedoc, this wine takes you a different place with each sip.
- Coppola Chardonnay: WOW. A terrific California chardonnay that hits on all the expected notes. And for this price, WOW.
- d’Arenberg Shiraz: Quality is definitely on the rise in Australia.
- Benziger Sauvignon Blanc: Made with organic and sustainably farmed grapes, it dances all over the palate.
- High Valley Zinfandel: So much complexity from a zinfandel at this price is an amazing achievement in itself.
To get your hands on these amazing wines, visit your local Nugget Markets and look for the Carpe Vinum display, or ask one of our friendly and talented wine stewards. Enjoy these wines while you can, because once they’re gone, they’re gone!
Selection varies by store.