Cream of Celeriac & Potato with Smoked Bacon
|Prep time:||20-25 minutes|
|Cook time:||40-45 minutes|
|Send to a friend!|
|Nugget Signature Recipe|
- 4 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 1, 2-2½ pound celeriac (celery root), peeled and chopped coarse
- 3 medium-sized Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped coarse
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Olive oil or crème fraîche for garnish
Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, let cool and reserve.
In a stockpot, melt butter and sweat onion until transparent. Add celeriac, potatoes, chicken stock and white wine; season with salt and pepper. Simmer vegetables until just tender, then liquidize (purée in blender); return to pot. Beat cream until slightly thickened; stir into soup, then bring to a soft boil. Whisk in lemon juice; taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve topped with reserved smoked bacon and a light drizzle of olive oil or a dollop of crème fraîche.